Purpose: To direct the Fellowship’s programs for religious education for children and youth
Rate of pay: $16.10 per hour, 12 hours per week
*Must be 25 years or older and able to pass a background check
Expectations and Responsibilities: Assume responsibility for the religious education of the children and youth, in consultation with the Religious Exploration Committee.
- Review curriculum.
- Maintain records for registration, attendance.
- File and distribute all pertinent material.
- Maintain library and other sources.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor budget.
- Prepare and monitor yearly calendar.
- Set goals and philosophy.
- Attend monthly RE committee meetings.
- Supervise youth leaders and childcare providers.
- Meet with the Our Whole Lives Committee.
- Meet with the minister monthly.
- Prepare a monthly report to the board and attend board meetings.
- Classroom/Youth support
- Recruit/schedule/coordinate teachers/assistants/advisors.
- Prepare the RE wing for Sunday morning.
- Train teachers/advisors.
- Nurture and support teachers/advisors.
- Publicity and Communication
- Make sure updated brochure is available.
- Coordinate with OUUF committees as necessary (Worship or Social Justice, for example).
- Promote RE (newsletter, announcements, parent letters, newspaper).
- File and distribute letters, reports, articles.
- Community Building
- Create and enhance multigenerational activities in the Fellowship.
- Welcome and maintain contact with visiting families and maintain contact with established families.
- Involve children and youth in social action projects.
- Denominational Activities
- Keep abreast of new resources, curricula, educational philosophy, etc.
- Attend workshops and training, network with other DREs and District consultants.
To apply: Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or ATTN: Religious Education, PO BOX 0354, Oberlin, OH, 44074.