Children and Youth Religious Exploration
Oberlin Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is seeking a Director of Religious Exploration to provide vision and leadership for its religious education program. This is a part-time position (12 hours per week). Rate of pay is $16.10 per hour. Must be 25 or over, and able to pass a background check. For full job description and instructions on how to apply, please visit Job Description: Director of Religious Exploration.
About the Program
Religious Exploration at the OUUF builds spiritually and socially healthy people who respect themselves, others, and the world.
To nurture children and youth to develop a commitment to religious freedom, critical thinking, ethical action, and individual responsibility. We achieve this through experiential learning and developing appropriate curricula in keeping with UU principles and tradition.
We, the members of OUUF’s RE program, covenant to work together respectfully in our quest for truth, love, social justice, and environmental responsibility. In this spirit, we offer our combined resources.
Our Whole Lives
We are happy to offer the Our Whole Lives curriculum of sexuality education. OWL models and teaches caring, compassion, respect, and justice. It helps adolescents address their attitudes, values, and feelings about themselves, their sexuality, and others’ sexuality. Participants are guided by trained facilitators through an engaging curriculum that addresses topics most important to young adolescents, including those typically excluded from sexuality education and health classes. OWL provides:
- honest, age-appropriate answers to all participants’ questions
- activities to help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- effective group-building to create a safe and supportive peer group
- education about sexual abuse, exploitation, and harassment
- opportunities to critique media messages and gender and sexuality
- acceptance of diversity
- encouragement to act for justice
- parent orientation programs that affirm and support parents as the primary sexuality educators of their children
Contact us through the secure form for information about future OWL classes.