Children and Youth Religious Exploration
About the Program
Children’s Church meets every Sunday at 10:15am. We find inspiration in the 7 UU principles with a focus on diversity of sources. We start each week with a chalice lighting, sharing of Roses and Thorns (Joys and Concerns) and singing our 7 Principles song. Each week consists of a story relating to the principle of the month, an at-home art activity, and an opportunity for movement such as dance or yoga. We end each week with closing words as we extinguish our chalices as we familiarize ourselves with the rhythms of the adult service. Email Office@OUUF.org for zoom link.
Our Whole Lives
We are happy to offer the Our Whole Lives curriculum of sexuality education. OWL models and teaches caring, compassion, respect, and justice. It helps adolescents address their attitudes, values, and feelings about themselves, their sexuality, and others’ sexuality. Participants are guided by trained facilitators through an engaging curriculum that addresses topics most important to young adolescents, including those typically excluded from sexuality education and health classes. OWL provides:
- honest, age-appropriate answers to all participants’ questions
- activities to help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- effective group-building to create a safe and supportive peer group
- education about sexual abuse, exploitation, and harassment
- opportunities to critique media messages and gender and sexuality
- acceptance of diversity
- encouragement to act for justice
- parent orientation programs that affirm and support parents as the primary sexuality educators of their children
OWL classes are currently on hold due to the pandemic, and will resume when it is safe to meet in person again.
Contact us through the secure form for information about future OWL classes.